Oral Exam Questions
· What kinds of movies do you like?
· What are some good movies that you’ve seen?
· Do you think there is too much violence on TV and in movies?
· Should movies be classified? (This means that children won’t be allowed to watch some movies that contain violence, sexual themes, etc).
· What kinds of books do you like?
· Should books be censored?
· What fun things can people do for $0.00?
· What do you do in your spare time?
· What kind of movies do you dislike?
· What kind of music do you like?
· What games do you like?
· What do you think about computer games?
· What do you think about soap operas?
· What sports do you like?
· What magazines do you like?
Love and Marriage
Note: don’t choose this topic if you will feel embarrassed answering personal questions!
· Describe a perfect date.
· Do you think marriage is necessary?
· How did you meet your girl/boyfriend?
· What do you think about love on the Internet?
· Does getting married mean losing your freedom?
· Is it okay for a couple to live together before getting married?
· How long should a couple know each other before they get married?
· If your parents didn’t like your boy/girlfriend, what would you do?
· What qualities are important in a good husband/wife?
· What makes a happy marriage?
· Is it okay to date a person much older or younger than yourself?
· What do you think about arranged marriages?
· What would you do if your husband/wife had an affair?
· What do you like to talk about on a date?
· What’s the best way to find a girl/boyfriend?
· Do you think we should worry about the environment?
· What causes poverty?
· Do you think women are discriminated against?
· What do you think about the one child policy?
· Are illegal drugs a problem in China?
· What can we do about pollution?
· Should the main goal of a company be to make money?
· Should the government help poor people?
· Should rich people help poor people?
· What is life like for an unmarried mother?
· Why are there so many wars?
· Is religion a good or bad thing?
· Should rich countries help poor ones?
· What do you think about the death penalty for serious crimes?
· What do you think about beggars?